On Saturday October 27th a workshop session of the “Reclaiming history” series took place at the Mongui Maduro Library. Reclaiming history is a lecture and workshop program organized by Uniarte Curaçao. Uniarte stated on their flyer that “Reclaiming history” is for” everyone who feels a need to critically approach his or her own questions, images and stories with regards to (Curaçao) history. This can be a personal need, or a professional need, for example for artists and writers, and also teachers and students”. The workshop session at the MML consisted of an introduction by historian Margo Groenewoud as well as practicing “hands on” historical research. Each of the 23 participants had its own research topic. Among the selected topics were “the history of the movie theatres in Curaçao “ “Homosexuality on Curaçao before 1915 “ but also “ Early Caribbean history”. The workshop was well received by the participants. For many of them it was the first time they visited our library. MML library staff members were on hand to give out general information about the Library and show the visitors important documents and materials needed for their research projects. The participants were impressed by the “state of the art” library building ,the wealth of knowledge available and the excellent service provided by the library staff. Some of them already returned to the MML the same week to continue their research. Several participants were determined to spread the word about the MML and its hidden treasures.
- The Building
- Activities 2019
- ISC students visit Mongui Maduro Library and Museum
- Reclaiming history workshop at Mongui Maduro Library
- Settlement of Curacao Jews in Venezuela: Interesting lecture by Hubert Cabaña
- Mongui Maduro Library now also open on Saturdays!
- Visit Goucher College of Baltimore
- International museum day 2018
- Lecture Dr. Margo Groenewoud
- Fiesta time by Josette Goldish
- International Museum Day 2017
- Visit and Presentation Students University of Mannheim.
- Expo Commemoration 100th birthday anniversary George John Lionel Maduro open on July 15, 2016
- Transfer of the Snoa Archives
- Presentation of an overview of publications
- Visit of Students of universities of Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Interview with prof. Willem Klooster and Aviva Ben-Ur
- Interview with Josette Goldish-Capriles
- High school students visit The Library and Museum for Youth Program
- Van afscheiding tot reünie - Ron Gomes Casseres
- Keynote speakers at Avila Hotel
- Social event VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne - Kristòf
- 40 years celebration of the Mongui Maduro Foundation